Thursday, May 19, 2011

Decorating on a budget

I have always enjoyed decorating and find myself reorganizing furniture layouts and fabrics every season. Refreshing a room or a few in your home just takes a little research and a few days of work.

Some helpful ideas I found on HGTV.com:

Refresh your walls with vibrant colors. Go from neutral beige to a warm color to really make a statement in a room.

Change the curtains, pillows and slipcovers. This is the easiest way to change the theme of a space, from winter to spring, by just changing these few items you will feel like you have a new home.

Fix up an old ceiling fan. One year, I changed all of the ceiling features and loved how stylish it made my home feel.









After a trip to San Diego I returned inspired to bring the beach theme to my home and purchased white linen drapes, a few bright coral colored pillows and displayed some sea shells.

Using the old rule of the three R's: refurbish, repaint, recycle – with old furniture, artwork and fabrics are always a great way to save money and admire your amazing home!

No comments:

Post a Comment